CarPro GLISS 50ml Top Coat Kit
Hyper Smooth Hydrophobic Coating
Make your own bliss… Slide through gloss into GLISS!
If I were to ask you what two factors fill every true car care enthusiast with happiness, what would you say? For most it is the gloss and incredible feeling of a perfect slick smooth and pure finish! THAT is the essence of GLISS…
With GLISS, CarPro brought new advances in nanotechnology to bare and designed an all-new hyper-smooth, ultra-glossy, and easy to apply ceramic nano coating that excels as a top-coat for all CQuartz coatings! CarPro GLISS also increases resistance to, static buildup, dust retention, and many types of mineral and water stains!
Utilizing modified long chain carbon fluorine polymers and enhanced nano-technology, GLISS is an evolution in top-coat technology and the tactile feel one can achieve on a painted surface!
This incredible next-gen coating serves multiple purposes and even excels as a stand-alone paint protection and enhancement system with a HYPER slick surface that will make your jaw drop!
Buy yours here today!
- (1) 50ml bottle of CarPro GLISS
- (1) Applicator Block
- (4) 4" Microfiber Suede Applicators
- Slick and Hyper smooth
- Next Generation Top Coat!
- Industry leading sliding angle!
- Also works great as a stand-alone nano-coat!
- Anti-static: Non-oily / resists dust retention
- Adds thickness to your existing coat when used as a top coat
- Enhances resistance to water spots and mineral stains
- Extreme Hydrophobic affect
- Enhances Gloss and life of any ceramic coating
- Durability: 12 Months +/-
- Coverage: 20ml per coat +/-
- Water contact angle: 115°
- Recommended working temperatures: 40F to 90F
Directions: (For use as primary coat)
- Wash with CarPro Reset, decontaminate, and polish with CarPro Reflect. If heavier cut is needed, may start with CarPro ClearCut
- Wipe down with CarPro Eraser (vehicle must be 100% dry and free of moisture or dew.)
- Drag two lines of product across length of suede wrapped applicator.
- Apply evenly across surface, approximately 2 ft x 2 ft section at a time. (Any overlap from one section to the next must be within a couple minutes for even application)
- Add more product to applicator as needed to keep a wet, even application.
- GLISS will flash fast and when a white haze forms, immediately wipe off all residues using a microfiber towel. If haze is left on too long then reapply and immediately wipe off.
- If layering on top of itself, wait 1 hour between coats. If IR cured, you may repeat immediately. Total cure time: 6 hours.
Directions: (For use as top coat)
- May be applied 4 hour or longer after CQuartz.
- If IR cured may be applied after 45 minutes from CQuartz application
- Keep surface dry for at least one hour after application
- Wipe any water off the surface during the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid detergents and chemicals for 5-7 days after application
- If it is dry and the air is clean outside then you may park the vehicle in direct sun after application is complete to hasten cure
- To maintain wash regularly with CarPro Reset or Ech2o
- And many other non-porous surfaces
- Keep container tightly closed after use
- Store in cool dry place
- Keep away from children
- Do not ingest
CarPro GLISS Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What does Gliss means?
A. Gliss in French means very slick surface.
Q. Does Gliss perform as sealant or a coating?
A. It is a lighter version of the CQuartz coatings with much more durability against chemicals.
Q. Can it be used on top of Reload, Essence Extreme, or Essence Plus?
A. No since they will not allow the coating to bond to the surface.
Q. Can you use it on other coatings?
A. Probably yes, but we can’t guarantee that it will bond.
Q. Can you use it as stand alone coat?
A. Yes its very easy to use and will bond well on bare paint.
Q. Do you need to use Eraser pre coat?
A. Yes to ensure the surface is free of any oils that will prevent the coating from bonding. If a wax or sealant has been previously applied to the surface they will need to be stripped as Eraser will not remove them.
Q. Can we use CQuartz on top of Gliss?
Q. Can Gliss be applied over a previously coated car which was done a few months ago?
A. Yes its even recommended.
Q. Is there a time that you should not apply Gliss on top of a CQuartz coating?
A. There is a time at which GLISS is not going to bond as well to a weathered coating. The exact point at which that happens is impossible to say due to all the variables involved and the impossibility of testing each one. What I CAN say is that we tested it on top of a 2-month-old coating with good results and it seems to have bonded well. The prep we would recommend for an aged coating if you are not polishing is as follows:
1. Wash with CarPro Reset
3. Decontaminate with CarPro Iron X
5. Use CarPro Spotless (if needed)
6. Give one final wash again with CarPro Reset
7. Rinse and Dry
8. Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
Q. Does it crystallize like the CQuartz coatings?
A. No, it is not meant to add hardness. The main purpose was to add protection from water spots as high content Sio2 based coatings weak point is water spots.
Q. Can we top the Gliss with Reload?
A. Yes but it is not necessary. However if you choose to do so Reload can be applied after 12 hrs.
Q. Does Gliss attract dust over the surface?
A. Gliss uses inorganic oils to produce slickness, together with it's anti-static properties it will attract much less dust than most ceramic coatings or top coats.
Q. How many cars we can coat with a 50ml bottle?
A. 2 average sized cars per 50ml bottle (20 ml +/- per coat)
Q. Can I use TarX on the Gliss?
A. No, only for a small quick spot treatment
Q. How long will the durability last?
A. We believe up to 12 months, if well maintained with CarPro Reset.
Q. Can I use Gliss on top of protection film (PPF)?
A. Yes, it will bond well and become hydrophobic. We recommend testing in an inconspicuous area first since there are many different types of PPF.
Q. My coating is a few months old and I want to apply Gliss but Reload has already been applied over the coating, can I still use Gliss?
A. No, as Reload will not allow the coating to bond to the paint but if you still want to apply Gliss than the process would be as follows:
- Wash with CarPro Reset,
- Decontaminate with Iron X if necessary
- Use CarPro Tar X (this will pull the oils out of Reload that will prevent Gliss from bonding, Be careful around sensitive plastics) a. Spray and wipe in Tar X into panel with microfiber and immediately neutralize the Tar X by either rewashing the panel or using a waterless wash such as CarPro Ech2o (Make sure to neutralize Tar X before moving onto next panel)
- Give it one more good wash with CarPro Reset
- Wipe down with CarPro Eraser
- Gliss application *If applying over an old coating there is a possibility Gliss may haze up the next day and you can see the application marks. If this happens wiping down the vehicle with CarPro Ech2o or a damp microfiber will remove it.*
- If you choose to apply Reload over Gliss than you must wait a minimum of 12 hrs to allow Gliss to cure.
Q. Will this work over other coatings or CQuartz coatings only?
A. We haven’t tested it on other coatings but it will work on some of them or in replacement of some of them.
Q. How glossy and slick is it compared to CQUARTZ coatings?
A. Much more slick than CQuartz. Gloss will come mostly from polishing but it is slightly glossier than CQ by itself.
Q. So... if I understand correctly, THIS is a coating for coatings. If my car were coated in CQUK or regular CQuartz, I would apply GLISS over the CQuartz UK to increase the slickness feel? I was under the understanding that the point of coatings was we didn’t have to put anything on top of it? Please advise, I’m confused??
A1. - That’s correct, you do NOT need to apply this on top of your CQuartz. You could continue on with Reset washes regularly, and occasionally iron x and if you like Reload or Hydrofoam too (IF you want).
A2. - GLISS can be applied a few hours after coating to provide a slicker surface which coatings lack and to assist in water spot resistance but again these are choices- not necessities
A3. - You could ALSO use GLISS by itself instead of a coating for someone afraid of using a heavy duty coating like UK, they could use GLISS as it is VERY visible when it’s ready to wipe off etc.